CORVALLIS, Ore.—Oregon State’s lopsided losses to their bitter rival a year ago on the hardwood were a distant memory Friday night.
The Beavers snapped a three-game losing streak to Oregon in men’s basketball with a 76-64 win at Gill Coliseum.
Led by 19 points from Tres Tinkle, 16 from Stephen Thompson Jr and 15 from Drew Eubanks, Oregon State advanced to 2-1 in Pac-12 play and dropped the Ducks to 1-2.
“I thought our focus the second half especially and the last few minutes of the first half caused them some frustration,” Beavers head coach Wayne Tinkle said. “They probably missed a handful that they normally make, but I think the guy’s intensity and focus to getting them off of the line over the course of 40 minutes really paid off.”
- Oregon State Bests Oregon to Snap Civil War Losing Streak
- (7) Oregon Avenges Friday Loss, Tops (18) Oregon State to Snap 14-Game Civil War Losing Streak
- Dow snaps longest losing streak in a year
- Special election rebuff builds Trump's losing streak
- Oregon School Shooter Loses Life-Sentence Appeal
- Syrian Civil War Fast Facts
- Snapchat stock soars 20% after ending losing streak
- Oregon State Representative Jodi Hack Resigns from Oregon Legislature
- Oregon, Oregon State Each Move on to Women's Elite Eight
- Stocks finish quarter strong, but Dow snaps longest win streak in 20 years