MEDFORD—All three Rogue Valley teams in the Southwest Conference earned wins in the first round of the girls 6A playoffs Tuesday night.
No. 5 North Medford got the biggest scare, and even trailed No. 28 Liberty at the half, but the Black Tornado managed to pull away to secure a 46-40 win. They’ll host No. 21 Central Catholic in the second round.
No. 10 South Medford made much quicker work of No. 23 Roosevelt. Thanks to 20 points apiece from Bella Pedrojetti and Ula Chamberlin, the Panthers never trailed and cruised to a 68-39 win. They’ll travel to No. 7 Benson in round two.
No. 18 Grants Pass pulled the mini upset on the road against No. 15 Glencoe, 51-39. The Lady Cavers will travel to play two-seed Tigard in the round of 16.
At the 5A level, the Crater girls overcame a big night from South Albany’s Katie Mayhue and used a come-from-behind effort in the second half to win 43-31. The Comets face No. 7 Wilsonville on Friday with a chance to get to the final eight.
- Local Teams Run the Table in First Round of Playoffs
- Take a Hike: Upper Table Rock
- Take a Hike: Lower Table Rock
- The Roundball Wrap: Local HS Basketball State Playoff Preview
- Four Local Teams Punch Tickets to State, Four Local Teams Eliminated Friday
- Waqidi Falicoff Out to Write New Chapter in Storied Table Tennis Career
- NAIA Playoffs Set, SOU to Host Dickinson State
- SOU Men, Women Basketball Secure Home Playoff Games
- High School Baseball & Softball Playoff Scores: Wednesday, May 23, 2018
- Oregon Soars Past Seattle, Into NCAA Tournament Second Round