MEDFORD, Ore.—The No. 4 Cascade Christian Challengers extended their winning streak against 3A schools to over a calendar year on Friday night and ousted the defending champion No. 12 Harrisburg Eagles 46-8.
Cascade Christian overcame a slow start offensively and was ultimately powered by the legs of quarterback Haiden Schaan in storming to its eighth win in a row.
Schaan rushed for a pair of touchdowns, while the Challengers defense and special teams forced a pair of safeties.
The Harrisburg loss means a new champion will be crowned in Class 3, while Cascade Christian returns to the semifinals for the first time since 2013—the year in which it won the state title.
The Challengers will leave Medford for the first time in six games next Saturday, as they travel north to take on top-seeded Scio.
Just like Cascade Christian, Scio’s one loss this year was at the hands of a 4A team.
- Friday Night Blitz: Schaan's Legs Power Cascade Christian to 3A Semis
- Friday Night Blitz: Cascade Christian Prepares for Saturday's Semifinal
- Cascade Christian Wins 3A State Championship
- Friday Night Blitz: Mazama Gets Best of Henley in Rematch, Rolling into State Semis
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Cascade Christian Boys Basketball Schedule
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Cascade Christian Girls Basketball Schedule
- SOU Lands Cascade Christian Star WR Ben Dunn
- Nate Mayben Hired as Cascade Christian Athletic Director
- VIDEO: Cascade Christian WR Ben Dunn Talks about his Commitment to SOU Football
- Friday Night Blitz: South Medford Avenges Playoff Woes with Blowout Win over Gresham