MEDFORD, Ore.--The Cascade Christian Challengers have outscored their opponents 341-30 this season, but should finally get an evenly matched game on Saturday at Cottage Grove High School.
The No. 4 Challengers will take on the No. 1 Scio Loggers in the 3A state semifinals with a chance to make their first appearance in the state championship since 2013.
It's been a full year since either team has lost against Class 3 competition, as both team's losses this year came to schools in 4A. For Scio, its last loss to a 3A team was actually against Cascade Christian--it came in the first round of the 2016 playoffs.
The history on Cascade Christian's side runs even deeper. The last time the Challengers made it this far, they went on to win the 2013 state championship.
The state title win came in 2013 when the current seniors were eighth graders. The longer they stay alive, the deeper they cement their own legacy in Cascade Christian history.
Seniors Haiden Schaan and Cristian FloresAlatorre joined NewsWatch 12 in studio to discuss their impending matchup.
- Friday Night Blitz: Cascade Christian Prepares for Saturday's Semifinal
- Friday Night Blitz: Schaan's Legs Power Cascade Christian to 3A Semis
- Cascade Christian Wins 3A State Championship
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Cascade Christian Boys Basketball Schedule
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Cascade Christian Girls Basketball Schedule
- SOU Lands Cascade Christian Star WR Ben Dunn
- Nate Mayben Hired as Cascade Christian Athletic Director
- VIDEO: Cascade Christian WR Ben Dunn Talks about his Commitment to SOU Football
- Friday Night Blitz: Mazama Gets Best of Henley in Rematch, Rolling into State Semis
- Friday Night Blitz: South Medford Avenges Playoff Woes with Blowout Win over Gresham