CENTRAL POINT—Chris Schmerbach has told his players throughout the season that he considers them a team of destiny.
After a 54-42 win over Marist Catholic on Friday night, the Comets are one step closer to fulfilling that prophecy—becoming league champions for the first time since 1990.
Senior Kiefer Edwards threw down another earth-shattering dunk and senior Mason Vranes was red-hot from three, and Crater celebrated its 11th straight win by cutting down the nets in front of its home fans.
The Comets close their regular season with a road date with Ashland and a home game against Thurston next week.
— NewsWatch 12 Sports (@KDRVSports) February 17, 2018
- Crater Boys Win First League Title In 28 Years
- Crater Baseball Wins First State Title Since 2007
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Crater Boys Basketball Schedule
- Crater Girls Win Christmas Classic for Second Straight Year
- Crater's Monroe Wins Gatorade State XC Runner of the Year
- Amateur Athlete: Larson Kindreich Leads Crater Baseball to State Title
- Roundball Wrap: 2017-18 Crater Girls Basketball Schedule
- Crater Boys, 10-0 and Crowned Tournament Champs, Look Like Unstoppable Force
- Crater Boys Survive Scare, Headed to State for First Time Since 2009
- Crater's Kiefer Edwards Named Oregon 5A Basketball Player of the Year