ASHLAND, Ore.—While Southern Oregon head coach Charlie Hall has undoubtedly been preparing for the 2018 football season while in Ashland, he had the opportunity to get away—visiting North Carolina for the first time—and reflect on the remarkable work he did in 2017.
For the past week, Hall has been in Charlotte at the AFCA Convention. On Tuesday at the American Football Coaches Awards, he was among the finalists for NAIA Coach of the Year.
Hall earned the invitation after being named the Region Five Coach of the Year in December—a product of him guiding the Raiders to an undefeated regular season and a trip to the NAIA semifinals.
He was recognized for that honor prior to the announcement of NAIA Coach of the Year (which went to Kevin Donley of Saint Francis for the second year in a row).
Hall returned home on Wednesday, as he now prepares for National Signing Day on February 7.
- Charlie Hall Honored at AFCA Awards in Charlotte
- Britain's Princess Charlotte starts nursery school
- Britain's Princess Charlotte celebrates third birthday
- SOU Football Holds First Official Visits of Charlie Hall Era
- Charlie Munger Fast Facts
- How Princess Charlotte, 2, just made royal history
- Photos of Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte shared by their mother
- SOU FB Reaction: Charlie Hall Breaks Down Win Over Eastern Oregon
- SOU's Charlie Hall Named Coach of the Year, QB Tanner Trosin Offensive Player of the Year
- CBS fires Charlie Rose after misconduct claims