COLLEGE STATION, TX -- The (10) Oregon women's basketball remained undefeated and advanced to the women's preseason NIT title game with an 83-68 win over (19) Texas A&M on the road Thursday night.
The Ducks trailed at halftime, 34-28, but completely dominated the Aggies in the second half. Oregon outscored Texas A&M 55-34 over the final two quarters. They were paced by sophomore guard Sabrina Ionescu, who posted a triple-double, scoring 16, grabbing 10 rebounds, and dishing out 11 assists.
Ionescu's latest triple-double gives her six in her young career. That ties a Pac 12 record. She now has almost three full seasons to shatter that record.
With the win, Oregon advances to play (5) Louisville in the women's preseason NIT title game in Louisville at noon on Sunday. A win there would help the Ducks make a serious case to move up from No. 10 in the Coach's Poll when it is released next week.
- Behind Ionescu's Triple Double, Ducks Advance to Women's Preseason NIT Title Game
- College Gameday Preseason Special: Oregon Ducks
- SOU Advances to CCC Championship Game
- Oregon Wins First Pac-12 Women's Title Since 2000
- Former SOU Star Matt Retzlaff Earns Swedish Title Game MVP
- Friday Night Blitz Preseason Special: 6A
- Friday Night Blitz Preseason Special: 5A
- Friday Night Blitz Preseason Special: 4A
- Friday Night Blitz Preseason Special: 3A