EUGENE -- After falling in overtime to their in-state rivals, the Oregon women's basketball team had to regroup, trying to avoid losing their 15th straight game to Oregon State Sunday. Luckily for them, they were playing at home.
Playing suffocating defense, the Ducks jumped out to a 22-point lead in the first half. While the Beavers slowly crept back into the game, Sabrina Ionescu and company never let Oregon State go on a big run.
The win pushes the Ducks to 18-3 on the season and ensures they hold onto their top spot in the Pac 12 rankings. Now, only time will tell if their loss to the Beavers earlier in the week hurts their No. 7 national ranking.
- (7) Oregon Avenges Friday Loss, Tops (18) Oregon State to Snap 14-Game Civil War Losing Streak
- Oregon State Bests Oregon to Snap Civil War Losing Streak
- Dow snaps longest losing streak in a year
- Southern Oregon Tops State in Gas Prices
- Special election rebuff builds Trump's losing streak
- Oregon School Shooter Loses Life-Sentence Appeal
- Oregon Tech Tops NCAA DII Power Western Oregon
- (18) Oregon State Beats (7) Oregon for 14th Straight Time in Overtime Thriller
- Syrian Civil War Fast Facts
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival's 2016 Season Starts Friday