NEAR WOLF CREEK, Ore. -- Rainie Falls is a dog-friendly hike that covers roughly two miles from trailhead to the waterfalls.
The total roundtrip hike of four miles is the perfect way to take in the sights of the Rogue River canyon.
Halfway down the trail, you'll see Sandersons Island which splits the river.
It's ideal for photographers and those looking to find beaches along the river.
Hiking shoes or boots are recommended due to the rocky and narrow trail.
DIRECTIONS: From Medford, take I-5 north to Exit 61. Turn left and follow for 22 miles past Galice to Grave Creek Bridge. Park on the right hand side of the road before the bridge. Trailhead will be on your left with a 'Rainie Falls Trail' sign, information about salmon and steelhead and additional US Forest Service information.
**Do NOT park your vehicle along the rock wall due to potential falling rocks**
- Hike of the Week: Rainie Falls
- Take a Hike: Rainie Falls Trail
- Hike of the Week: Mill Creek Falls
- Take a Hike: Pearsony Falls
- Take a Hike: Mill Creek Falls
- Hike of the Week: Badger & Long Lakes
- Hike of the Week: Grizzly Peak
- Hike of the Week: Pilot Rock
- Hike of the Week: Frog Pond/Cameron Meadows
- Hike of the Week: Boy Scout Tree Trail