KLAMATH FALLS -- If you've never heard of the Geo Trail, it's probably because it opened within the last month. It is on the Oregon Tech campus and provides great views of the Klamath Basin as well as sources of renewable energy.
On the hike, you can see buildings that help generate geothermal energy for use on Oregon Tech's campus. It is the only university in the country to be heated by geothermal energy.
Once you're far enough along on the trail, you will also see a huge field of solar panels, which help the school use solar power as renewable energy.
While it is certainly unique in what you will see on the trail, the views are still nothing to laugh at. Wildflowers are abundant and Oregon Tech's campus provides a nice backdrop.
More than $83,000 worth of grants and donations were made to make the trail possible and hikers who will flock to the trail in the coming months will see it was worth every penny.
- Take a Hike: Geo Trail
- Take a Hike: White Rabbit Trail
- Take a Hike: Hobart Bluff Trail
- Take a Hike: Grizzly Peak Trail
- Take a Hike: Roxy Ann Peak Trail
- Take a Hike: Rainie Falls Trail
- Take a Hike: Tunnel Ridge Trail
- Take a Hike: Wagner Butte Trail
- Take a Hike: Spence Mountain Trail
- Take a Hike: Badger Lake Trail