ASHLAND -- The SOU women's basketball team is no stranger to success. After winning their 11th straight game Sunday, the 10th-ranked Raiders are now 18-1 this season, the third straight year they've won 18 of their first 19 games.
Defense set the tone early as the Raiders pressed the Eagles and turned them over consistently. The steady and aggressive attack helped the Raiders to a 30-0 advantage in fastbreak points. That would prove to be the difference as SOU won 96-67.
Remi Mejia, who scored 22 points on Saturday, shined again on Sunday, pouring in 19 points to go along with nine assists.
Next up for the Raiders is Multnomah, who is 1-21 this season. Their only win came in their most recent game, a 79-78 win over Walla Walla. That will be the next step for SOU as the 10th-ranked team in the country tries to continue its climb in the Cascade Collegiate Conference standings.
- (10) SOU Women Down Northwest to Start 18-1 for Third Straight Year
- (14) SOU Softball Sweeps Northwest in Friday Doubleheader
- (14) SOU Earns Four-Game Sweep of Northwest
- SOU Men and Women Basketball Sweep Corban
- SOU Softball Wins Regional, Headed to NAIA World Series for Second Straight Season
- SOU Men, Women Basketball Secure Home Playoff Games
- One Year Later, Oregon Tech Ladies Stun (9) SOU Again
- Crater Girls Win Christmas Classic for Second Straight Year
- SOU's Charlie Hall Named Coach of the Year, QB Tanner Trosin Offensive Player of the Year