MEDFORD, Ore.-- A case of road rage has left one man dead and another in jail - that's according to Oregon State Police.
25-year-old Kevin Mayo was killed in that crash.
Ken McFeeters says, "Really super sharp and way ahead of his curve."
Kevin's grandpa, Ken McFeeters says Kevin had a lot of accomplishments in his short life.
Kevin was a linguist in the army, even fluent in Persian Farsi.
Following his service, he joined his family's business, working as a denturist in Brookings.
He recently opened an office in Ashland.
On Thursday, Oregon State Police say Kevin was riding his motorcycle when a pickup truck swerved into him, forcing him off the roadway.
OSP says the incident was caused by road rage.
Ken McFeeters says, "It was absolutely senseless, and ridiculous, it was a very brilliant young life that was taken."
Kevin was taken to the hospital, tragically he died from his injuries.
The family's still in shock how Kevin’s passing was apparently due to another driver’s anger.
Ken McFeeters says, “Kevin is a smart kid and not one to bring on a confrontation.”
Kevin's family posted on their business page on Facebook saying Kevin was a true artist in his profession and loved his patients and his work.
The family says the Ashland office will be closed until they can navigate through the memorial arrangements.
The pickup truck driver was Raleigh Rodrigues.
Police say Rodrigues was taken to the Jackson County Jail and charged with manslaughter in both the first and second degree.
- Victim's family reacts to deadly road rage incident
- Medford Man Arrested After Road Rage Incident Involving a Gun
- Suspect in Road Rage Death Pleads 'Not Guilty' to Manslaughter
- Realtors Describe Scary Incidents
- Veterans, Family Members React To Officer-Involved Shooting
- Police: Talent Man Dies After Road Rage Crash On Interstate 5
- Deadly Flu Active In Oregon
- Family Planning Candlelight Vigil for Klamath Falls Murder Victim
- Eagle Point Carl's Jr. Fundraising For Families of Crash Victims
- Businesses to Hold Fundraisers for Families of Crash Victims