KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. -- More than 100 Southern Oregonians with disabilities got to go to the prom they never had Friday night. It's all part of the worldwide "Night to Shine" movement sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation.
Deborah Muno said she never had the chance to go to prom in high school.
"My brother and sister had their prom experiences but never me and I love having this wonderful experience, it's like a dream come true," Muno said.
An experience thousands of other people with special needs are having across the world tonight. Night to Shine hosts dances in all fifty states and eleven countries around the world.
This is its second year in Klamath Falls thanks to the WestSide Community Church.
Coordinator Rebecca Kays said everyone got a personal invitation and started the day getting ready from head to toe.
"We have a number of salons in the community who have been very generous and they have donated vouchers so young ladies and gentlemen have been getting their nails and hair done," Kays said.
All prom guests went home with a crown, which they were presented with by Klamath County title holders.
As sponsor of Night to Shine, the Tim Tebow Foundation provides each host church with the official 2018 Night to Shine Planning Manual and the official Night to Shine Prom Kit.
During Night to Shine 2017, WestSide Community Church was one of 375 host churches across the globe, but the only church outside of the Willamette Valley, to host the event in Oregon. Worldwide, 150,000 volunteers worked together to honor more than 75,000 kings and queens of the prom.
- Ultimate Prom Night Experience For People With Special Needs
- The Ultimate Base Camp
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Classic Brisket
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Smoked Flat Brisket
- Ultimate Spring BBQ: Chimichurri Tri Tip
- Students Get the Ultimate Show-and-Tell
- Dreams come true for Brookfield special needs student heading to prom
- Teen with cancer goes to Prom, thanks to special donation from friend
- Prom under investigation after live tiger performance