Photo Gallery 7 Images
CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. — Two people are dead following a house fire early Friday morning in Cave Junction, according to a statement from the Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO).
Dispatchers received a 911 call just after 2 a.m., reporting a structure fire in the 500-block of Mesa Verde Drive in Cave Junction. When responders arrived at the house, they went inside to find an unconscious adult woman. Efforts to revive her failed, however, and the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
Firefighters later searched the house more extensively after they were able to knock down the flames—finding a man dead inside the house. They believe that person to also have been an adult.
Because the fire caused two deaths, JCSO said, investigators from the State Fire Marshal's Office and Oregon State Police will be investigating the cause of the fire. That investigation is ongoing, and the identity of the two victims will not be revealed until next of kin has been notified.
No further information is available at this time.
- Two Dead After Early-Morning House Fire in Cave Junction
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- Overnight House Fire in Cave Junction Displaces Family
- Missing Cave Junction Woman Found Safe
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Bingo Fanatic Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Police Investigate Serial Arsonist Near Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Man Accused of Stealing SUV at Knife-point
- UPDATE: Cave Junction Man Shot During Attempted Home-Invasion