PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - President Donald Trump is predicting that Democrats and Republicans will "eventually come together "on a new health care plan for the country.
Sending a Twitter post early Tuesday from his Florida resort, Trump said "the very unfair and unpopular Individual Mandate has been terminated as part of our Tax Cut Bill, which essentially Repeals (over time) Obamacare."
Much of former President Barack Obama's Affordable Care Act remains intact, however, and the sign-up period for the various options was carried out as normal this year.
Majority Republicans sought repeatedly to repeal the 2010 law this year, but couldn't get it through the Senate.
Trump his wife, Melania, and their son, Barron, spent Christmas at his Mar-a-Lago resort.
- Trump Predicts GOP and Democrats Will Agree on Health Care Plan
- GOP Tax Plan Faces Roadblock
- California Agrees to Limited Troop Deployment for Trump's Request
- Premier Care Dental
- Caring for Garden Tools
- Caring for New Plants
- President Trump Reaches Out to Democrats in Bid for 'Great' Health Law
- A Referendum Will be Held in January on New Health Care Tax
- Premier Care Dental: Dr. Lloyd
- Premier Care Dental: Dr. Peterson