Photo Gallery 10 Images
CAVE JUNCTION, Ore. — Fire consumed several structures, vehicles, and one quarter-acre of land on Laurel Road near Cave Junction on Monday. Illinois Valley Fire Department (IVFD) did not report that anyone was harmed in the fire.
Firefighters from IVFD and the Oregon Department of Forestry (ODF) responded to the area after reports of a grass fire. However, when fire crews arrived, they found a fully-involved structure fire that had spread into "wildland."
Flames gutted a guest house, several outbuildings, one vehicle and two ATVs before IVFD firefighters were able to knock down the flames with the help of crews from Rural Metro Fire. ODF and teams from the U.S. Forest Service contained the grass fire.
IVFD rehab and the IVFD CERT team also responded, and Pacific Power & Light also sent a unit to disconnect power for the safety of firefighters.
- Structure Fire Spreads into Field Near Cave Junction
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- OSP Confirms Shots Fired In Cave Junction
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- Missing Cave Junction Woman Found Safe
- Officer-Involved Shooting in Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Bingo Fanatic Celebrates 100th Birthday
- Police Investigate Serial Arsonist Near Cave Junction
- Cave Junction Expands Smoking & Vaping Ban
- Overnight House Fire in Cave Junction Displaces Family