CENTRAL POINT, Ore.- The Peninger Fire burned into Table Rock Road causing evacuations for dozens of homes. Worried neighbors waited for hours to get to their houses.
Denise Davis says, "So I'm freaking out and she's freaking out so I jump in the car and I'm headed out here and of course it's all shut down."
Denise Davis is house sitting for her daughter this week. She was desperate to get into the home to rescue her daughter's four dogs.
Davis says, "and I get to this ODOT guy who closed off the off-ramp and he said I couldn't go through so I started crying which is very effective."
The ODOT worker called ahead to police to let Davis through the road blocks.
Davis says, "I guess they knew that was the house where the backyard was on fire so they got animal control on the policeman and they got in the house and they got the dogs out."
Later Davis found out an Oregon State Trooper kicked the front door open, thinking people were inside. That's when he found the dogs.
Davis says, "It just all worked out so the dogs are saved, and it look like the house is going to be OK. They're watering it down but the backyard was burned, but the house is OK."
Davis says while the roof is damaged, the kindness she received from Police and ODOT made the terrifying experience a little less stressful.
Davis says, "There was a really nice guy who had mercy on this old grandma who is all upset about her daughters pops and he made the call, and boom they were out."
For more information on the Peninger Fire, click here.
- State Trooper Kicks Down Front Door to Rescue Four Dogs
- Troopers Patrol Highway 140 Intersection
- Dog and Horse Rescued in Separate Dangerous Situations
- Oregon search and rescue dog falls 30 feet, survives
- California Teen Gunned Down In Front Yard
- Longtime Teleservices Business in Talent Shuts Doors
- Suspect Arrested After Dragging Trooper With His Car, Dumping Cocaine
- Troopers Ask For Assistance In Deadly Hit-And-Run
- Toys R Us Will Close Their Doors Across the U.S.
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Green Show Kicks Off