Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE: Oregon State Police have identified the victim as 70-year-old, Luther Masumoto of Grants Pass. Masumoto suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced deceased at the scene.
OSP was assisted by Josephine County Sheriff’s Department, Josephine County Rural Metro Fire and ODOT. Speed is being considered as a contributing factor of the crash.
(April 14, 2018 12:28 P.M.)
GRANTS PASS, Ore. — One man is dead after crashing his black pickup truck into a tree on Friday afternoon. The crash occurred on Riverbanks Road (Highway 260) near Robertson Bridge, southeast of Merlin.
Authorities believe that the driver was attempting to pass a dump truck on the narrow highway when he suddenly swerved and overcorrected. The black pickup truck left the roadway, drove into a ditch, and plowed into a tree.
The driver was killed instantly, and no one else was hurt in the crash.
Oregon State Police (OSP) and Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) responded to the scene of the crash and are now wrapping up the investigation. Speed may have been a factor in the crash, and OSP advised that drivers pay close attention to the posted speed limit.
The driver's name has not been released at this time, but will be once the next of kind has been notified.
- UPDATE: Victim Identified In Single-Car Crash Near Robertson Bridge
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims of Crash Between Motorcycle and Car
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims in Fatal Crash on Highway 199
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Grants Pass Crash
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims in Crash Over Hellgate Embankment
- Klamath Falls Man Killed In Single-Car Crash
- UPDATE: Driver Arrested for DUII in Jacksonville Single-Car Rollover
- Body Found Near Graves Creek Bridge Identified
- UPDATE: Victim Identified in Fatal Stabbing in Selma
- UPDATE: Deputies Identify Teen Killed In Foothill Road Crash