MEDFORD, Ore.- Dozens of school districts in Jackson and Josephine County called for snow days today. Our team talked with local school districts to see what today's day off means for the school year. Medford School District says it's adding another day to the school calendar this June. Other district superintendents across the region say they won't have a decision on if more school days will be added for another week.
Here are the responses from school districts around the region of the possibilities of another snow day tomorrow.
Eagle Point School District: At this time, we will follow our regular procedures which means we will have folks checking roads very early in the morning to make our determination. However, since weather is ever changing, we will be monitoring tonight including watching you folks for your forecasts and updates! It is possible, as you point out, that frozen ice covered roads tonight along with temperatures staying below freezing, could warrant a decision sooner than tomorrow morning. That’s as specific as I can be at this time!
Grants Pass School District: The determination will be made early in the morning.
Medford School District: We usually always make the call the morning of the weather event. If it looks to be really bad tomorrow by this evening, we will call it tonight, but that’s unlikely.
Phoenix-Talent School District: That is a concern for us, but at this time we will make the call to delay or cancel in the morning as we did today.
Logos Public Charter School: No decision has been made yet.
Grants Pass Adventist School: We normally follow what the Grants Pass Public School District #7 does when it comes to school closures or delays. On Fridays, our normal dismissal time is 12:00 pm.
- School's Out: Districts Consider Adding Days to School Calendar
- Medford School District Adds A Day Due To Earlier Snow
- Eagle Point School District Prepares for Potential School Bond
- Sheriff & School District Investigate Grants Pass School Bus 'Incident'
- Local School District Considers Name Change
- Medford School District Tackles Child Obesity
- Central Point School District Plans To Expand
- Butte Falls School District On 2-Hour Delay Monday
- Eagle Point School District Preps for Active Shooter
- Klamath County School District Closer To Hiring New Superintendent