CROZET, Vir. (AP) - Republican lawmakers and aides say a train carrying them to a policy retreat in West Virginia has hit a truck. House Speaker Paul Ryan is among those who were on-board. Oklahoma GOP Rep. Tom Cole says a person on the truck may have been injured. Emergency workers were on the scene.
Oregon Congressman Greg Walden was on the train and tweeted "We're fine, but our train hit a garbage truck. Members with medical training are assisting the drivers of the truck."
Cole says he's not aware of any injuries on the train. A GOP aide speaking on condition of anonymity because the aide was not authorized to speak publicly says no lawmakers were injured.
Cole says he believes the accident occurred near Charlottesville, Virginia.
ABC News is sending a reporter to the scene and we will carry that report for you on NewsWatch 12 Midday starting at 11am.
- Republican Congressmen Aboard Amtrak Train Involved in Accident
- GOP congressmen describe scene aboard train
- "Multiple fatalities" on derailed Amtrak train
- Klamath Falls Amtrak Trains Expect Delays
- Amtrak crash kills two train enthusiasts
- This is the fourth fatal crash involving an Amtrak train in two months
- Victim killed in Amtrak train derailment south of Tacoma identified
- Amtrak train crash: Two victims identified as rail advocates
- Amtrak train derailment leaves 'a thousand unanswered questions'
- Investigators are piecing together details of deadly Amtrak train crash