CENTRAL POINT, Ore- This is the biggest weekend of the year for train lovers in Southern Oregon, but it's also the biggest fundraiser of the year for the Medford Railroad Park.
Kids were mezmorized by the intricate trains cruising by them on the hand made tracks.
Tony Johnson, the Track Superintendent with Southern Oregon Live Streamers says, "You do it because you love it it's not like you're going to become rich out here it's just sharing the love of the hobby."
Johnson says it's nostalgic seeing families marvel at the trains like he used to, "Reminds me of me because that's what are used to do when I was a kid was marvel at all these wonderful electric trains going around end although that things are more advance now they're so much more to offer."
This event gives a huge boost to the park at this time of year since it's closed for the season.
Johnson says, "We're there and we're unique. There's no other railroad park in the United States like ours."
- Railroad Show Boosts Medford Railroad Park
- Klamathon Fire Damages Railroads, Threatens Communications
- Body of Missouri Man Found Near Oregon Railroad Tracks
- Van Catches Fire In Medford Parking Lot
- Medford Moves Forward On Three Parks Projects
- Medford School Shows Progress On Major Upgrades
- US Cellular Community Park Brings Millions to Medford Economy
- Kid-Focused and Cultural Programs get Boost
- Eating "Green" Can Boost Brain Health
- Getting Outside Can Boost Teens’ Moods