UPDATE: Power has now been restored to the affected areas of west Medford, according to Pacific Power.
(Updated as of 1:00 p.m. on Monday, June 11)
UPDATE: Pacific Power has confirmed that the power outage in west Medford was caused by a car crashing into a power pole. There is no word yet on whether anyone was injured in the crash.
Power crews expect to have the pole repaired and power restored by 2 p.m. today.
(Updated as of 12:20 p.m. on Monday, June 11)
MEDFORD, Ore. — Pacific Power is currently reporting an outage of 270 customers in west Medford, near the intersection of W McAndrews Road and W Jackson Street.
NewsWatch 12 is working to confirm the cause of the outage and how long it will be in effect. This is a developing story.
- UPDATE: Power Outage in West Medford Caused by Car Crash, Now Resolved
- Car Accident Causes Power Outage in Central Point
- UPDATE: Widespread Power Outage Caused by Damaged Substation
- Power Outages Affect Hundreds
- Snapped Power Pole Causes Outages in Central Point
- UPDATE: Power Outage in Merlin Hits Airport, Surrounding Area
- Car Crashes into Utility Pole in Medford
- Drug Bust in West Medford
- Morning Crash into Medford Power Pole Sparks Fire
- UPDATE: Crash on I-5 Northbound in Medford Cleared