GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- Two minors have been arrested for criminal mischief after shattering car windows with a BB gun.
"We had a report last night in the area of I street of a loud popping sound that was heard and some individuals were seen running from the area," said Jim Hamilton, Grants Pass Department of Public Safety Deputy Chief.
Witnesses were able to take pictures that police are using to identify the minors in custody while officers continue to look at other cases from the previous nights that could possibly be associated.
Neighbors say car windows have been shattered for two nights in a row.
"Wednesday night we got a phone call from some friends up the street, who were driving by around 9:20 p.m. at night, that one of our windows was broken in our vehicle," said Charity Schattschneider, "When we came out, we saw that one of our windows in our vehicle was broken out and so we called and reported it right away."
She continued to explain that they weren't the only victims, "The next morning we noticed a car down the street also had a window broken out. Those were both on Wednesday night," and that it wasn't the first time, "When we woke up this morning the neighbors right across the street had their window broken out and then the vehicle that was previously hit the night before had a second window broken out."
Police are continuing to look for more potential suspects and more victims. If you're vehicle has been vandalized in a similar manor you are asked to call the police records line at 541-450-6260.
- Police Suspect Minors Are Behind Recent Vehicle Vandalism
- Investigators Looking For Vandalism Suspects
- Police Arrest Suspects in Downtown Medford Vandalism Spree
- Suspects Wanted For Vandalizing Cemetery Gravestones
- Police Suspect A Gang Is Responsible For Recent Drive-By Shooting
- Suspected Vandals Arrested in Medford After Weekend Spree
- Police Arrest Armed Suspect
- Recent Fire Investigations Provide Answers, Safety Concerns
- Kid Time, YMCA Bus Vandalized in Medford
- Arrest Made In Connection With Recent Medford Burglaries