(ABC)-- Doctors say we may be approaching the peak of flu season.
Right now, the flu is spreading fast and hard.
Experts say it's still going to get worse.
According to the CDC, there's a 30% chance the flu peaks this week.
Ten states have already reported high flu activity, mostly coming from one powerful and contagious strain.
It's not just the very young or the very old who are at risk.
Last month, a 20 year-old woman died of complications from the flu.
Doctors say although the flu shot is about 10% effective this year, you should still get it.
- Peak of Flu Season May Be Approaching
- CAL FIRE Siskiyou Unit Transitions Out of Peak Fire Season
- Flu Season Impacting Local Hospitals
- Keeping Pregnant Moms Healthy During Flu Season
- U.S. flu season gets worse than expected
- Oregon Clean Energy Bills Approach Vote
- Cold and Flu Season Brings Added Danger for Elderly
- Is "Man Flu" Real?
- Health Alert: "Man Flu"
- Deadly Flu Active In Oregon