YREKA, Calif.-- A job fair for a brand new casino opening in Yreka brought in more people than there are positions to fill.
Rain Rock Casino held its job fair this past weekend.
They say the community showed up in huge lines to submit their applications-- now the casino now must select from over 800 local applicants.
There are about 200 positions to fill.
In a press release, the General Manager for Rain Rock Casino Michael Rose, says,“We are very excited not only by the overwhelming turnout of potential team members but by the quality of their work experience and positive guest service attitude. It will be very difficult to select the 200 team members out of the over 800 people who were interviewed!”
The Chairman of the Karuk Tribe, Russel “Buster” Attebery is also commenting on the success of the casino's job fair.
Attebery says, “This is a very good time for the tribe, the city of Yreka and the county — with the hiring of over 200 new jobs means great economic improvement to the area!”
The casino is expected to open in late February.
- Over 800 apply for jobs at new casino in Yreka
- Job Fair at New Casino in Yreka
- Rain Rock Casino Opens for Business in Yreka
- Rain Rock Casino Prepares For Job Fair
- Yreka Restaurant Takes Stand Against Bullying
- Yreka Police Chief Announces His Retirement
- Business Applies to Rebuild Talent Truck Stop
- Yreka Man Arrested after Stabbing Man Multiple Times
- UPDATE: Car Found Abandoned in Yreka Belonged to Decapitation Victim
- UPDATE: Man Wanted In Connection With Yreka Murder Investigation Apprehended