KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. -- Oregon Institute of Technology (Oregon Tech) said enrollment increased by 4.9 percent.
That adds almost 260 more students to the campus bringing the total number of students enrolled to 5,490.
OIT said a key growth area for the institute this fall was at its Online Campus. which saw a 5.7 percent increase over last year, to more than 1,500 students. The retention rate for freshman was nearly 80 percent. New students entering Oregon Tech increased 4.7 percent, and the returning/continuing student rate grew 5.1 percent. International students also increased this fall, up 38% over last year to 116 students.
Oregon Tech also said diversity also continued to increase, with more than 30 percent students of color across all campuses and sites. The university’s gender mix is now about 50/50, with more and more women entering STEM fields each year, and served by Oregon Tech’s engagement in programs that encourage young women in math, science and other technology fields. This includes offering college credits to high school students across the state, a population that increased 24 percent this fall to more than 1,500 students.
- Oregon Tech Enrollment Increases By Almost 5 Percent
- SOU Increases Enrollment while Other Colleges See Decline
- Airfare Down 23 Percent
- Affordable Care Act Enrollment Starts Wednesday
- Large Graduating Class, High Enrollment at SOU
- Warm Spring Increases Oregon's Wildfire Potential
- Governor Brown to Deliver Keynote Address at Oregon Tech
- TSA Pre-Check Enrollment Comes Back to Medford Airport
- North, South Medford Open Enrollment Won't Change Athletic Transfer Process
- TSA Pre-Check Enrollment Comes to Rogue Valley Airport