CURRY COUNTY, Ore. -- The Oregon State Police in conjunction with the Curry County District Attorney's Office is continuing its investigation into the death of an inmate from the Curry County Jail.
OSP said preliminary information is on October 19, 2017, Cassadi Renee Bond, 24, of Harbor, Oregon was arrested by the Curry County Sheriff's Office on outstanding warrants for her arrest. Bond was lodged in the Curry County Jail. During the booking process, Bond admitted to heroin use prior to her arrest so once admitted into the jail facility, she was being monitored closely by Curry County Sheriff's Office Corrections and medical staff for any signs of opioid withdrawal. Bond was seen by the Curry County Jail nurse. The nurse was updated numerous times by Corrections staff regarding their observations of Bond.
On October 21, 2017 at approximately 10:26PM, Bond was found to be unresponsive by a Curry County Corrections Deputy. CPR and AED life saving efforts were administered. Bond was transported to Curry General Hospital.
On October 22, 2017, Bond was transported by air ambulance to Sacred Heart at River Bend.
On October 27, 2017, Bond was pronounced dead shortly after being removed from life support.
The Oregon State Police began conducting a death investigation at the request of the Curry County Sheriff's Office.
The cause of death is being investigated by the Lane County Medical Examiner's Office.
No further information is available for release at this time.
- BREAKING NEWS: OSP Is Investigating Death of Curry County Jail Inmate
- OSP Investigates Shooting and Kidnapping
- Lane County Authorities Investigating Inmate's Death
- OSP Investigating Fatal Crash in Grants Pass
- Curry County Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Man
- Wanted Suspects Arrested in Curry County
- Former Inmate Sues County Jail Staff for Excessive Force
- Curry County Sheriff's Office Searches for Shooting Suspect
- FBI Searches for Suspect in Curry County Shooting