ASHLAND, Ore.-- Night skiing is returning to Mount Ashland.
On Thursday and Friday nights during a portion of the month of March, Mount Ashland will be offering night skiing from 3-9pm.
The general manager says since the season is back on track, people have been coming up in droves.
They've had full parking lots and even some days have had to wave some people away, so night skiing is another chance for folks to get some time up on the mountain.
Hiram Towle says, "I just think it's the coolest thing ever, you're skiing under the lights, it's an entirely different experience up there, you don't have the frame of reference of trees, it makes the mountain feel bigger, more exciting and it's different. You're looking down the lights of Ashland and Medford which is beautiful, the lodge is lit up, it's a neat experience."
If you head up that way, it is winter driving on that access road.
Carry chains or you can take the ski hopper bus on the weekends.
The bus will be available this Friday to make sure people get off the mountain safely after their Midwinter Jam Party.
Tickets for night skiing are 25 dollars for adults, 19 dollars for kids.
- Night Skiing Returns To The Mountain
- Plane Crash near Pueblo Mountains
- Couple Rescues Man Stranded On Grayback Mountain
- STORMWATCH: Inches of Snow Expected on Mountain Passes
- Three Orphaned Mountain Lion Cubs Rescued in California
- UPDATE: Green Top Mountain Fire Holding Around 100 Acres
- Local Businesses Prep for 2017 Ski Season
- Renovated Mt. Ashland Ski Lodge Debuts
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Opens Tomorrow Morning
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area Awaits Incoming Storm