MEDFORD, Ore.- Construction crews started the remodel of the old Costco building this month. They're tearing down the first 60 feet of the storefront and relocating it.
Matt Dickerhoof, the general contractor says, "Within three months we're breaking ground out there but it's hard to say."
It's not the only build developers are looking to do on the property. Today contractors are clearing out the trash from the demolition and digging into the ground to create a new storefront.
Dickerhoof says, "We can tear it down, part of it, and rebuild it elsewhere, and basically make more money on the project itself."
Developers are looking to build three storefronts where the Costco gas pumps used to be. NewsWatch12's Sionan Barrett asked if they knew which companies are moving in.
Dickerhoof responded, "I do, but I'm not sure I'm allowed to say that right now until the leases are signed."
We're told both local and national stores could sign contracts in the coming months.
Developers are looking to submit plans for these additional storefronts to the city.
- New Storefronts Could Go Up in Old Costco Building Parking Lot
- Costco Relocates to Central Point
- Ashley HomeStore and Hobby Lobby to Move into Old Costco Building
- Van Catches Fire In Medford Parking Lot
- Dad Makes Sons Caught Shoplifting Clean Store's Parking Lot
- Shooter Charged in Florida Parking Lot 'Stand Your Ground' Slaying
- Jackson County Parks
- Rogue Air Park
- Fire Breaks Out at Medford Apartment Building
- Medford Air Tanker Base Building Water Line