MEDFORD, Ore.-- Police are investigating a homicide in West Medford.
Police have identified 23-year-old Christian Miguel Barajas as the victim.
It’s the 2nd drive-by shooting the Rogue Valley area has seen in the past three days.
The shooting Wednesday night was called in at 5:42pm.
It happened in the 300 block of Chestnut Avenue in Medford.
Witness says, "I heard a couple gun shots, it wasn't confirmed till I spoke to a neighbor. The neighbor said he was sitting in his living room and heard tires screech away and walked outside and a man was laying there dead."
Medford Police say they were on scene within a minute.
One boy said he and his younger siblings were all outside playing hide-and-seek when the shooting happened, "I heard three gunshots, bang bang bang. After the first shot I look towards there and realized the guy with the gray shirt went down."
Christian Barajas was found dead on the sidewalk when police arrived. Today family and friends placed flowers on the sidewalk as a memorial.
Police say they haven't been able to identify a suspect in the shooting.
Their biggest lead at this point is a dark blue or black minivan witnesses say they saw leaving north on Chestnut Ave. right after the shots rang out.
Lt. Justin Ivens says, "The big thing right now is this van and we're asking for the publics assistance if there's any information on that or anyone was in this area, please don't hesitate to call so we can follow up on that."
Medford Police, the Jackson County Sheriff's Department, the Jackson County District Attorney's Office, the OSP crime lab, and Jackson County Medical Examiner, as well as MADGE are assisting in the investigation.
- Medford Police Continue Investigation Into Deadly Drive-By Shooting
- Police Investigate Drive-By Shooting In Medford
- Medford Police Investigating Stabbing
- Medford Police Seek Suspect in Drive-By Shooting
- Medford Police investigating robbery at Dutch Bros.
- Police Arrest Another Suspect in Medford Drive-By
- Medford Police Investigate 5th Coffee Stand Robbery Since March
- Medford Police warn about scam
- Medford Police Announce Crosswalk Stakeout
- Grand Jury Decides Police Officer in Medford Shooting Was Justified