Spencer Creek, OR. -- The Josephine County Sheriff's Office says a man was rescued after spending three days in a heavily wooded area near Spencer Creek.
On Saturday, November 11th, Sheriff's say they were notified that 39-year-old Daniel Beier was missing in the Applegate Valley. They say the stepfather of Beier got a text saying Beier's car was stuck just off the road. Sheriff's say the stepfather tried to find Beier and his car, but didn't find anything.
The Sheriff's office says a search and rescue operation was started. They say members of the Josephine County Search and Rescue 4x4 road teams searched throughout the night. On Sunday, November 12th, a command post was set up at Hidden Valley High School, and they brought in a Search and Rescue ATV team.
Mr. Beier was found by the ATV team with his car in a heavily wooded area. They say Beier was in good condition and had been rationing food. They say no medical attention was needed and they took Beier back to his house.
- Man Rescued after Spending Three Days Lost in the Woods
- Today is "Red Day" for Wood Stove Burning
- Tariff Creates Jobs in Local Wood Industry
- Former Homeless Man Spends Christmas With Homeless Community
- Couple Rescues Man Stranded On Grayback Mountain
- Hundreds Spend Easter at Mt. Ashland
- Oregon Man Says He Left Baby in Woods After Car Crash Because It Was 'Heavy'
- Lost Oregon Trucker Shares His Story
- Detectives Vie to Re-Interview Husband in Natalie Wood Death
- UPDATE: Jackson County Search and Rescue Locates Missing Autistic Man