PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A 36-year-old man has been sentenced to nearly six years in prison for underage sex trafficking.
Washington County Circuit Court Judge Oscar Garcia sentenced Ahmed Turay Jr.
Turay was arrested in September after authorities arranged a "date" with the 17-year-old Washington girl featured in online prostitution ads on backpage.com.
The Washington County District Attorney's office says on Sept. 6 undercover officers were waiting when the girl arrived at the arranged time and place in a Mercedes Benz driven by Turay.
Police interviewed her and confirmed she was there for prostitution. She told police that Turay was keeping the money she made and estimated she had made $15,000 to $20,000 over the summer through prostitution activity with Turay.
Turay said at sentencing that he had been "attacked" by the state, and attempted to argue with the judge as the sentence was imposed.
- Man Gets Nearly Six Years in Prison for Sex Trafficking
- Couple sentenced to prison for trafficking prostitutes from their home
- Two Michigan men charged with sex trafficking a minor
- New legislative bill helps sex trafficking victims in Nebraska
- RAW VIDEO: Suspect in Morning Standoff Accused of Sex Trafficking
- Senate is expected to vote soon on sex trafficking bill
- Trump signs measure aimed at curbing online sex trafficking
- Lawsuit accuses US Olympics, taekwondo stars of sex trafficking
- PD: Man convicted of sex trafficking shot and killed by federal agent in Scottsdale
- Man Facing 7 Years in Prison for Assault, Strangulation