EAGLE POINT, Ore. — Last night, mailboxes all along Rogue River Drive between Eagle Point and Shady Cove were hit by a thief, according to a statement from the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO). Rogue River Drive is between Highway 234 and Highway 62.
Deputies who responded to the reports of mail theft were able to find piles of mail, discarded elsewhere along the street. The recovered mail will be given to the US Postal Service for redelivery to the rightful owners.
The JCSO advises that anyone who suspects that they are still missing a particular piece of mail after the rest is returned should contact the local post office to notify them. Deputies are still investigating the incident, and they do not yet report any leads on who may be responsible for the theft.
The statement from JCSO asks that anyone in the area with surveillance cameras or further knowledge of the incident contact dispatch at (541) 776-7206, referencing case #18-4187.
- Mail Theft in Eagle Point Sparks Investigation
- Local Students Help Clean Up Eagle Point
- Klamath County Woman's Mysterious Death Sparks Investigation
- Air Mail Centennial Celebration
- Eagle Point Police Chief Retires, Interim Chief Appointed
- UPDATE: Crash Cleared on Highway 62 Near Eagle Point
- Eagle Point School District Preps for Active Shooter
- Eagle Point School District Prepares for Potential School Bond
- Eagle Point Students Create Chalk Memorial to Honor Their Classmates
- Memorial Fund Created for Three Eagle Point Students