NEW YORK (AP) - Ikea has relaunched the recall of 29 million chests and dressers following the death of an eighth child.
CEO Lars Petersson said the company wants to increase awareness of the recall for several types of chest and dressers that can easily tip over if not anchored to a wall.
The death of a California toddler, who was found trapped underneath an Ikea Malm dresser in May, has raised questions about whether Ikea has effectively spread the word about the recall, which was first announced in June 2016.
Petersson said Ikea has had an "extensive communication" campaign through social media and its website. The Swedish company emailed 13 million people about the recall two months ago, he said.
- Ikea Announces Dresser Recall After Death of 8th Child
- Target Recalls Thousands of $118 Dressers After They Tipped Over on Children
- TODAY: Ashland Recall Election
- Vegetables Recalled Over Listeria Contamination
- FDA Recalls Donated Chia Seeds
- Ashland Seniors Petition to Recall Three Commissioners
- Ashland Recall Election Ballots Are Coming
- Oregon Food Bank Issues Third Donation Recall
- Fire Officials Warn Of Smoke Alarm Recall
- Birth Control Pill Recall Over Packaging Error