SEVERE WX: Air Quality Alert - Red Flag Warning View Alerts
STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

House Fire Caused by Bean Bag next to Wall Heater

Medfore Fire-Rescue says a house fire was caused from a large bean bag chair stored next to an electric wall heater in a bedroom.

Posted: Nov. 21, 2017 9:25 AM
Updated: Nov. 21, 2017 9:27 AM

Medford, OR. -- Medford Fire-Rescue says a house fire was caused from a large bean bag chair stored next to an electric wall heater in a bedroom. 

Fire crews say the house fire happened early Monday evening on Winter Nell. They say the home owners reported the fire. Crews say when they got there the single-family home had light smoke showing. Crews say after ensuring all occupants were safe they extinguished the fire. They say the fire was contained to a bedroom. 

Fire crews say a family dog ran back inside the house as firefighters prepared to attack the fire. They say the dog was found safe in his kennel and returned to the family outside. 

Related Content

Article Comments

Medford
Scattered Clouds
71° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 55°
Feels Like: 71°
Brookings
Clear
76° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 53°
Feels Like: 76°
Crater Lake
Clear
76° wxIcon
Hi: 84° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 76°
Grants Pass
Clear
72° wxIcon
Hi: 89° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 72°
Klamath Falls
Clear
76° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 47°
Feels Like: 76°
Air Quality Continues to Diminish
KDRV Radar
KDRV Fire Danger
KDRV Weather Cam

Community Events