38-year-old Marcella Bailey died after her family's mobile home caught on fire Sunday night.
Talent Police and fire crews said it was an electrical fire.
TALENT, Ore.-- Fire crews are on the scene of an RV fire in Talent. Jackson County dispatchers say multiple crews are at the 800 block of South Pacific Highway. The RV is at the Totem Pole Trailer Park.
According to a news release from Jackson County Fire District No. 5, crews arrived on scene of a fire with a large column of smoke showing. Several residents had evacuated the building ahead of the fire.
Hearing cries for help, crews set up a water supply from a fire hydrant, trying to rescue of a woman stil inside. Crews dealt with heavy smoke while putting the fire out.
Fire District 5 says primary search revealed a female resident had been trapped by the fire. She was removed from the home after an exterior wall was cut open with power saws. Firefighter paramedics then attempted lifesaving efforts and the victim was ttaken to to Rogue Regional Medical Center. An additional person was taken to the hospital for a cut received while trying to assist the tenants. Secondary search revealed no additional occupants.
According to police and fire officials, the fire appears to be an accidental electrical fire. Fire District 5 confirms one person died in the fire.
- One Woman Dies After Mobile Home Fire
- Mobile Madness
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Oregon Woman Dies from Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
- Fire Crews Save Home in Selma Fire
- Overnight Fire Destroys Medford Home
- Firefighter Working Huge California Fire Dies
- Rev. Billy Graham dies at North Carolina home
- One Dallas Police Officer Dies After Shooting at Home Depot
- Woman Dies In Rollover Crash On Antioch Road