Photo Gallery 3 Images
RUCH, Ore. -- Raising money for cancer research is bringing a team of 11 local Applegate Firefighters together. You can support their efforts by heading to The Pit Stop Coffee & Snack Shop in Ruch Saturday, February 10, 2018, from 2pm - 6pm. There will be a fire engine at the Pit Stop and you can look through it. They will be handing out stickers, temporary tattoos, plastic fire helmets, and other goodies for the kids. The firefighters will also be climbing a stair mill in full firefighter turnout gear with air packs so that you can see how they train.
They will be asking customers of the Pit Stop and those who stop by to "fill the boot". All money will be donated to the non-profit Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. To read more about the LLS, click here. This supports the bigger effort happening in March.
On March 11, 2018, 11 local Applegate Firefighters will travel to Seattle, Washington, to climb 69 flights of stairs at the Columbia Tower in downtown Seattle. It is a very popular event - there is a waiting list to participate. Firefighters from all over the country come together to race for the fastest time and most amount of money raised. To read more about the event or donate, click here.
Applegate Fire Crews say one of their own has been affected by cancer, so this is very "dear to [their] hearts".
- Firefighter Fundraiser for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Girl's back pain leads to leukemia diagnosis
- 14-Year-Old Leukemia Survivor a Hero in Stockton Apartment Fire
- A germ-free childhood could trigger leukemia, scientist suggests
- The FBI's 'secret society,' explained
- Oscar Night Fundraising Gala
- Is California horror house society's fault?
- Sen. Johnson backs off 'secret society' claim
- AR-15 Rifle Raffle Ruffles Group Of Moms At Fundraiser For Firefighters
- ICE grants 1-year stay to father of 5-year-old battling leukemia