GRANTS PASS, Ore. —
UPDATE: ODOT reports that all ramps are back open to traffic after the grass fire was extinguished.
(Updated as of 12:25 p.m. on Monday, July 9)
INITIAL REPORT: Exit 55 from Interstate-5 in Grants Pass is currently closed due to a grass fire in the area, according to the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT).
Both the on-ramp and off-ramp are closed for northbound traffic from I-5, ODOT said. They advise that travelers use Exit 58 for Grants Pass.
ODOT is advising caution in the area, as traffic is apparently "queuing" on the off-ramp as cars wait for the closure to clear. They also advised drivers to be watch for emergency crews.
This is a developing story, and we will update this article as more details emerge.
- UPDATE: Exit 55 in Grants Pass Back Open After Grass Fire Closure
- New Grass Fire in Burn Scar near Grants Pass
- Ornamental Grasses
- UPDATE: Fire Crews Contain Grass Fire in Applegate Valley
- Several Grants Pass Businesses Catch Fire Overnight
- Caveman Repairs in Grants Pass
- Grass Fire in Cave Junction Under Investigation
- UPDATE: Grape Fire Causes Forest Closure
- What's Wrong With My Grass?
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery