ROGUE RIVER, Ore. —
UPDATE: A portion of the Level 2 "Be Set" evacuation zone has been upgraded to a Level 3 "Go" zone. Residents in this area, the easternmost section in the four-section zone, have already been notified in person by Jackson County Search and Rescue. No other changes have been made to the nearby Level 2 evacuation areas.
Jackson and Josephine Counties have collaborated on an interactive map of active fires and evacuation zones in both counties. The map is also searchable by address. Follow this link to view the map.
(Updated as of 1:20 p.m. on Thursday, July 19)
INITIAL REPORT: The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO) is issuing evacuation notices to 58 addresses due to a fire in the Garner Complex north of Wimer. On the afternoon of July 18, 2018, U.S. Forest Service officials notified JCSO that community notifications were advised based on changes in fire behavior.
JCSO deputies and search and rescue personnel will conduct door-to-door notifications to provide information. Jackson County Emergency Management will send a notification to affected addresses using the Citizen Alert system.
The following evacuation zones are now in effect:
Level 2 “BE SET”: Pleasant Creek Road between the addresses of 5047 and 7948.
Note that a few addresses within that range on Pleasant Creek Road may not receive notifications due to being outside the map sections included in the evacuation advisory. Officials urge all residents in the area to be vigilant for updates. Please refer to the map for reference.
To sign up for Citizen Alert, visit www.jacksoncounty.org/alert. More information about evacuation levels and preparedness can be found at http://www.rvem.org/.
For more information on the Garner Complex Fire, visit the fire information page at https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5935/. Public information is also available by phone at 541-474-3152.
- Some Level 3 Evacuation Warnings Issued North of Wimer Due to Garner Complex Fires
- Level 3 Evacuations Issued for Pleasant Creek Fire
- Level 2 Evacuations Issued For Taylor Creek Fire
- Garner Complex Winding Down, 87 Percent Contained
- Garner Complex Medics Take Care of Nearly 2,000 Fire Personnel
- Fire Officials: End of Garner Complex Firefight 'In Sight'
- UPDATE: Level 3 'GO' Evacuation Orders Issued West of Merlin
- Governor Brown Invokes Emergency Conflagration Act for Garner Complex
- Governor Brown Plans Visit with Garner Complex Officials
- Garner Complex Grows Nearly 3,000 Acres in 24 Hours