GRANTS PASS, Ore. —
UPDATE: Due to the fast moving Taylor Creek wildfire, the Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) has announced that all residents on West Pickett Creek Rd, Grants Pass, OR are being placed on a Level 3 "GO" evacuation order.
"Do not delay leaving to gather any belongings or make efforts to protect your home," said a statement from JCSO. "This will be the last notice you receive. A shelter has been established at Grants Pass High School."
(Updated as of 5:20 p.m. on Friday, July 20)
UPDATE: A new list of Level 2 "Be Set" evacuation warnings are now in effect for Josephine County—this time for areas outside of Selma due to the Klondike Fire burning to the west.
The Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) says that this notice affects the residences of Oak Flat outside of Selma.
A Level 2 "Be Set" notice means that residents must be prepared to leave at a moment's notice, with a significant threat to that area. Residents should either voluntarily relocate outside of the area or be ready to escape quickly.
JCSO says that this may be the only notice that residents receive, and emergency services cannot guarantee a second notification "if conditions rapidly deteriorate".
Anyone with concerns can sign up for Josephine County Citizen's Alert to receive notifications through ww.rvem.org.
(Updated as of 11:30 a.m. on July 20)
INITIAL REPORT: Areas west of Grants Pass are now under a Level 2 "Be Set" evacuation warning, according to the Josephine County Sheriff's Office (JCSO). The Taylor Creek Fire, part of the Garner Complex, continues to burn in that area.
That warning affects the following roads:
- Pickett Creek Road
- West Pickett Creek Road
- Green Tree Loop
- Bickford Drive
- Sanders Creek
- Paradise Garden Road
- Sallsten Road
- Hussey Lane
- Steelhead Lane
- Cliffside Drive
- Bartlett Lane
According to JCSO, this decision came based on recommendations from the Oregon Department of Forestry. A Level 2 evacuation notice means thatresidents should be prepared to leave "at a moment's notice."
"This level indicates there is significant danger to your area, and residents should either voluntarily relocate to a shelter or with family/friends outside of the affected area, or if choosing to remain, be ready to evacuate at a moment’s notice," said JCSO.
- UPDATE: Level 3 'GO' Evacuation Orders Issued West of Merlin
- Level 3 Evacuations Issued for Pleasant Creek Fire
- Level 2 Evacuations Issued For Taylor Creek Fire
- UPDATE: Graves Creek Road Evacuations Increase to Level 3 "GO"
- UPDATE: Evacuation Level Reduced Near Sterling Creek Fire
- Merlin Sidewalk Project Halfway Finished
- Living In A Level Two Evacuation Zone
- Some Level 3 Evacuation Warnings Issued North of Wimer Due to Garner Complex Fires
- UPDATE: Oregon State Police Investigating Shooting Near Merlin
- UPDATE: Power Outage in Merlin Hits Airport, Surrounding Area