GRANT'S PASS, Ore. -- Rogue County Community College (RCC) campuses evacuated all students and faculty today. The evacuation order was issued after an email threat from someone claiming to be an RCC student. The administration notified law enforcement.
Investigation from the Josephine County Sheriff's Office has revealed that the source of the email was not in fact a student at RCC. They believe that the sender's emailed was hacked, and that several similar emails were sent to multiple communities in Oregon, Colorado and Florida. The Sheriff's Office is now calling the threat a hoax.
RCC will re-open tomorrow morning at 8:00 A.M.
- Evacuation Alert At RCC Campuses
- RCC Breaks Ground For New Training Center
- White supremacists targeting college campuses more than ever, report says
- 2 teens arrested in connection to threats to school campuses
- AZ Supreme Court says medical marijuana not illegal on state college campuses
- Health Alert: "Man Flu"
- Health Alert: Detecting Melanoma
- Health Alert: Tai Chi
- Health Alert: Frozen Embryos
- Hospital Re-Opens Following Fire Evacuation