EUGENE, Ore. (AP) - Two Oregon pot shops say they're getting harassed for having a similar name to another marijuana business owned by a white nationalist.
The Register-Guard reports that Oregon Growers Analytical, known as OG Analytical, is a state-accredited marijuana testing lab, whose owner has been linked to white pride events and neo-Nazi groups.
Now, two other pot businesses, Eugene OG in Eugene and OG Collective in Salem, say they've gotten harassed by phone for the name mix-up.
Those businesses say they have nothing to do with OG Analytical.
Days earlier, OG Analytical's Bethany Sherman issued a statement saying she's not a neo-Nazi but that she was proud to be white.
Sherman also said she would resign and sell the company she founded, which verifies pot potency and pesticide contamination.
Information from: The Register-Guard, http://www.registerguard.com
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eugene Pot Shops Say Nazi-Linked Mix-Up Causing Harassment
- Surge in Illegal California Pot Shops Undercuts Legal Market
- San Francisco Mayor Approves Recreational Pot Rules
- Medford Police: Fentanyl Linked to Overdose Deaths
- Oregon Lawmaker Accused of Harassment Resigns
- Oregon State Condones Widespread Bird Harassment
- Settlement Reached in LGBT School Harassment Case
- Unsolved: Russell Eugene Johnson (1985)
- Legal Weed Hurts Prognosis for California Medical Pot Market