Photo Gallery 4 Images
JACKSONVILLE, Ore. -- A homeowner woke up to find a car in his front yard, after it fell about 85 feet over an embankment Sunday night.
It happened in the 8000 block of Upper Applegate Road sometime in the middle of the night.
The homeowners didn't hear anything when the car crashed, but saw the car at about 8 a.m. Monday morning. Police say the driver of the car took a wrong turn, went over the embankment, falling 85 feet and breaking a tree in half.
The driver was conscious when found this morning, but police are not releasing his current condition.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Driver Plunges 85 Feet Off Embankment
- Rural Metro Fire Saves Driver in Fiery Crash Over Embankment
- UPDATE: Police Identify Victims in Crash Over Hellgate Embankment
- Community plunges into New Year
- Oregon search and rescue dog falls 30 feet, survives
- Job Openings Soar in the U.S., Unemployment Plunges
- Pursuit involving a former NBA player ends just feet away from family's home
- Missing Oregon Truck Driver Found
- Driver Is Minimally Injured After Rollover Crash
- Driver Crashes into Debris Following Heavy Winds