ROGUE RIVER, Ore. -- A 13-year-old girl has been pronounced dead, according to a news release from the Jackson County Sheriff's office. Investigators have not confirmed a cause yet, but believe it is a "high likelihood" the child was hit by a passing car or an item attached to a car.
Deputies were called to the 5100-block of East Evans Creek Road in Rogue River earlier this morning. According to the sheriff's office, they were dispatched at 7:30 a.m. The victim was taken to Rogue Regional Medical Center, where she was later pronounced dead.
Investigators are asking anyone with surveillance camera footage between Rogue River and Wimer to call 541-776-7206.
This is a developing story, and we will continue to post updates here as we gather more information.
- Deputies Investigating Death of 13-year-old Girl
- Missing 13-Year-Old Boy
- Detectives Ask For Public's Help In Death of 13-Year-Old Girl
- No Criminal Charges To Be Filed in 13-Year-Old's Death
- Death Investigation in Cave Junction
- Deputies Investigating Shooting in White City
- Deputies Investigate Possible Shooting at Applegate Lake
- Family and Friends Unite for 13-Year-Old's Vigil
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigate Suspicious Death
- Lane County Authorities Investigating Inmate's Death