JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. -- Jackson County Sheriff's Office deputies arrested a Central Point man early Monday following a sexual assault investigation.
The Jackson County Sheriff's Office says it happened in the early morning hours of Friday, March 9, 2018, at Agate Lake.
The investigation revealed Jamal William Claybourne, 26, of the 400-block of West Pine Street, and the female victim went to the location together in a vehicle. Deputies say Claybourne then held the female victim against her will and physically and sexually assaulted her. The victim suffered burns and other injuries.
Deputies found Claybourne at his Medford workplace Monday morning. They lodged Claybourne in jail on the following charges: second degree assault, fourth degree assault, menacing, first degree kidnapping, first degree sexual abuse, attempted first degree rape, coercion, and unlawful use of a weapon. Bail at lodging totaled $487,500.
Anyone with information about the case can call the Jackson County Sheriff's Office tip line at (541) 774-8333. Refer to case #18-4775.
- Deputies Arrest Sexual Assault Suspect
- Slain Deputy's Handcuffs Used to Arrest Suspect
- Deputies Seek Suspected Prospect Flasher
- Police Arrest Armed Suspect
- Medford Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Deputies Seek Help in Locating Fraud Suspect
- Former Oregon Deputy Gets 5 Years Of Probation For Assault
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Wanted White City Man
- UPDATE: Former Principal Arrested for Sexual Abuse
- Deputies Track Down Suspect in Prospect Indecent Exposure Case