Photo Gallery 5 Images
Medford, OR. -- 10 local personalities took the stage last night to compete in the 9th annual Dancing with the Rogue Valley Stars. The event raised money for Southern Oregon Sparrow Clubs, which benefits children with medical needs.
There were many awards given out for different categories: Judges Awards, People's Choice, and the Shining Star award for the most money raised.
Lauren Trantham and her partner Payne Smith took home 1st place from the judges as they danced the Salsa. Monica Clayton and her dancing partner Jeff Palpant took home 2nd place for the Argentine Tango. Jeremy Durst, and his dancing partner Cory Grimm took home 3rd place for dancing the Cha Cha.
Renae Adams and her dancing partner John Schaffer took home 1st place for People's Choice for dancing the Foxtrot. Trantham and her partner Smith took home another award, People's Choice 2nd place for dancing the Salsa. Clayton and her partner Palpant also took home another award, People's Choice 3rd place for dancing the Argentine Tango.
Clayton took home the Shining Star award for the most money raised. She was able to raise $12,570 for Southern Oregon Sparrow Clubs.
The total amont raised by the Stars is $38,514.75. Donations and ticket sales brought in more than $50,000.
- Local Photographer Wins Mirror Ball
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview
- Local Man Wins $2 Million from Lottery
- AIFF Announces Award-Winning Films
- Flu Season Impacting Local Hospitals
- Temperature Swing Impacts Local Farmers
- Jacksonville Man Wins Big With Powerball Ticket
- Local Businesses Support Breast Cancer Awareness & Research
- Local Business Pampers Breast Cancer Survivors
- Local Businesses Prep for 2017 Ski Season