Medford, OR. -- A Medford family's beloved Santa Mailbox was stolen off their yard. The family has surveillance footage, but has not ID'd the thieves.
The Medford Police Department says since October 3rd, there have been 62 burglaries in Jackson County and 39 in Medford alone. Police say they haven't seen an increase in decoration burglaries, because that comes with the territory.
Christmas decorations like this inflatable snowman can cost anywhere from $15 to $100. The popular Christmas-themed lasers can be more than $50. When it all adds up, the decorations sitting outside your home can be more expensive than many Christmas gifts.
Police recommend having a surveillance camera if you're going to put out expensive decorations. They say although it won't stop someone from stealing your things, it could capture a face or license plate.
"People want to put those things out, and they want to be festive, and have the cool decorations in the neighborhood. I think we're all kind of concerned about it. My house also, I don't want my stuff stolen, but that's not going to stop me from trying to be festive," says Lieutenant Curtis.
A neighbor to the family told NewsWatch12 they have surveillance footage of the car, and can partially make out the license plate.
- Caught on Video: Christmas Decorations Stolen From Yard
- Beware of Decorative Lenses this Halloween
- California Teen Gunned Down In Front Yard
- Safe Holiday Decorating: Leave the Roof to Santa
- Families Finish Christmas Shopping on Christmas Eve
- Christmas Car Giveaway
- Think "Green" this Christmas
- Keep your Christmas tree hydrated
- Stolen Van Used For Crime Spree
- How to Safely Secure Your Christmas Tree