MEDFORD, Ore.--Dozens of industry professionals gathered for the mixer.
They're talked about 2018, what to expect, and challenges and opportunities they face.
They're banding together to keep the cannabis industry strong and growing here in Oregon.
Obie Strickler says, "We know big money is going to be coming into this industry, this industry has to align and has to ensure we create a structure to where we are still relevant, we don't want Monsanto, we don’t want big tobacco."
Strickler says the main goal of their industry is to change people's perceptions.
Obie Strickler says, "Grown Rogue sponsored this event to bring the community and start a process where we integrate professionals and members of the public."
Grown Rogue will be holding events throughout the year for the public to attend for free.
You can keep up to date on when the next mixer is by heading to their website.
- Cannabis Industry Leaders Talk About Future
- Marijuana Activists: Oregon Can Lead Nation in Cannabis Industry
- New Regulations for Cannabis Production
- Crews Battle Large Industrial Fire
- Nasdaq CEO: We need more female leaders in the financial industry
- EU leaders agree to second stage of Brexit talks
- In a first, Japanese and Chinese leaders talk by phone
- Inside Nigeria's million dollar wedding industry
- The car industry's comeback started years ago
- The U.S. legal marijuana industry is booming