PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Police in Gresham, Oregon say a teen girl has been hospitalized after she was struck by a bullet fired from more than a block away.
The girl, who police described as about 16 or 17 years old, was standing outside her apartment talking to friends when she was hit around 10 p.m. on Saturday. Her condition wasn't immediately known but she was expected to survive.
The East Metro Gang Enforcement Team is investigating the shooting. Officers said two men were fighting some distance from the teen, and at least one of them fired a gun, which hit the girl in the stomach. Police said she was not the intended target of the shooting.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/13/2018 11:52:01 AM (GMT -7:00)
- Bystander Teen Hit By Bullet Fired Down The Street
- The Impacts of Bullying on Bystanders
- Bystander helps in stolen car chase
- Woman dies after being hit by stray bullet in desert
- Florida school shooter could have fired many more bullets
- Bullet Flies Through Nursery During Medford Shooting
- Trump seeks to move from bystander to dealmaker on immigration
- Man sentenced for 2013 shooting that killed innocent bystander
- Stray bullet hits home in Mobile during New Year's Eve celebration
- Street Tacos