GREEN SPRINGS, Ore. — The Klamathon Fire evacuation line has extended into Jackson County.
Newswatch 12 spoke with people at the Green Spirngs Inn, one of the businesses in the level 2 evacuation area.
Both the guests and owners say they're preparing for the worst.
"My wife told me grab the Harriet Rex Smith picture from above the bar and get out of there", says Diarmuid McGuire, the owner of the inn.
There wasn't a huge crowd but a few locals and visitors came out to enjoy a live band and good food while keeping an eye on the fire risk.
This isn't the Greeen Springs' first rodeo—and it wont be its last.
"There was a big fire when I was a kid in Ashland," says Ashland resident Jane Almquist, "'We lived on Pine Crest Terrace and there was a fire in the woods next to us, so we all packed our bags."
Almquist says they never had to evacuate, but the experience stuck with her.
- Business Under Evacuation Order Prepares for the Worst
- Preparing For Fire Season Evacuations
- Klamathon Fire Evacuees Hope Evacuation Orders Lift
- Oregonians Prepare for Possibility of Evacuation
- Residents, Businesses Prep for Possible Evacuations
- Authorities Say Few Heeded California Storm Evacuation Order
- UPDATE: Level 3 'GO' Evacuation Orders Issued West of Merlin
- Jacksonville Businesses Prepare for Britt Festival Goers
- One Of The Worst States For Allergies
- Evacuation Alert At RCC Campuses